Web hosting is a service that lets you put your website on someone else’s server, in a place where it may be accessed by people. The company that provides web hosting can either provide the software to put your website up or have it installed for you.
There are a lot of different kinds of web hosting services. No matter what kind of web hosting service you choose, there are some things that are important to know about them:
1) The speed and reliability of the connection between your computer and the web host’s servers. The faster and more reliable the connection, the less chance there will be of your website failing to load properly or crashing (when performing an action such as downloading a file or reading an HTML document).
2) The storage space on their server(s), which is how much space they take up (in MB, GB or TB). Larger storage space makes it easier to transfer files between computers using their servers. If you want to host videos then this could be important for you because videos take up a lot more space than other types of files such as images.
3) The amount of bandwidth available on their servers which is how much data can be accessed without being slowed down by network congestion. If they provide slow internet speeds this could mean that you won’t get everything you want from your website unless they compensate you for this by giving you extra bandwidth (capped at 1GB per month) or have some other way to increase bandwidth between their servers and yours so that your website never fails to load properly when you want it to (if something goes wrong with their servers; for example if someone modifies something on your site or if one of their servers gets infected with malware).
4) How secure their servers are in terms of security (this means whether any sensitive information can be stored on any part of the server accessible through HTTP). If anyone has access to this part of the server then sensitive information may easily fall into wrong hands because some bad guys might use these parts as a base for viewing stolen information, stealing passwords etc.
5) All these things vary depending on type and size but generally speaking in order from best-to-worst they are: 1 – high speed 2 – large amount storage 3 – high security 4 – reliable 5 – fast internet connection 6 – affordable